Saturday 17 October 2015

Blog reflection week six

In this blog post im going to write about what I did during this week 

during this week I had to complete four blog posts,this included, analysis of three short films , analysis of a magazine review, a poster analysis and an audience portfolio page.

WATCH.OUT.FOR.EVIL
I have been continuing to analyse film posters as we had task to analyse three different posters. Successfully I completed my poster and have gained a lot of inspirations from the different posters that I analysed. One poster which I got inspired by was “Antichrist".
I did some research on the movie as I think that I could add some elements of the film into my own production. The reason as to why I got inspired is that I really like the movies visuals and the different type of camera shots. In addition the movies colour pallet worked really effectively and suited the mood and atmosphere of it.



According to Wikipedia Antichrist is a 2009 experimental horror film written and directed by Lars von Trier, starring Willem Dafoe and Charlotte Gainsbourg. It tells the story of a couple who, after the death of their child, retreat to a cabin in the woods where the man experiences strange visions and the woman manifests increasingly violent sexual behaviour and sadomasochism. The narrative is divided into a prologue, four chapters and an epilogue.
Danish 

When creating the posterPower Point and trying to find different film posters on Google images. The film poster “Antichrist" caught my intention as I really think that this could relate to my short film latch. I really like how it does not expose that much of the narrative as they only use one object within the poster which is the scissors. When creating my poster I could replace the scissors with the necklace and put blood stains or blood drops drizzling down the poster. In addition I really like how they used the double exposer effect of the scissors and replacing it with two heads. Overall this poster is very simplistic but has so much meaning towards it and therefore I would like to create something as similar to this poster as it will create enigma and suspense towards the audience.



In this week’s task we also had to create a power point on a magazine review and to analyse three shorts films. I used the website issue as it saved time and effort as I did not need to go out and buy the magazines. In addition we created a portfolio page on meet my audience  which outlines what our perfect target audience is going to be, for example agile, the age of the audience, the gender, the audiences interests, the location where they come from and the audiences ethnicity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment